2024–25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Information
If you are a senior or parent/guardian of a senior looking to learn about Financial Aid, you are in the right place.
Financial Aid is Changing this year (for the 2024-2025 academic year).
- This year, the FAFSA will not be opening until December 2023.
- Language has changed and the application has been simplified.
- Pell Grant eligibility will be expanded.
- Processing time will be faster.
- The FAFSA form will be role-based (parents and students will have separate sections to fill out).
- Everyone will need to have an FSA ID.
Useful Links and Resources:
STEP 1: CREATE AN FSA ID (if you don't already have one)
STEP 2: LEARN ABOUT FAFSA and FINANCIAL AID
- Ready, Set, FAFSA Webinars
- What to know about the 24-25 FAFSA
- Minnesota Office of Higher Education Resources
STEP 3: APPLY!
- STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE NEW FAFSA PROCESS.
North Star Promise Scholarship - Tuition-Free Pathway for Eligible MN Residents
Beginning in fall 2024, the North Star Promise (NSP) Scholarship program will make college accessible and affordable for any eligible Minnesotan who has the desire to earn a credential. The program will cover the full cost of tuition and fees or eligible Minnesotans at public institutions and tribal colleges in the state.
- You must be a Minnesota resident.
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Minnesota Dream Act Application below $80,000.
- Attend a Minnesota public higher education institution or tribal college.
- Not be in default on a state or federal student loan.
- Be enrolled taking at least one credit.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- Have not already earned a baccalaureate degree.
- Be enrolled in a program or course of study that applies to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
- All Minnesota State colleges and universities
- All University of Minnesota system campuses
- All tribal colleges Eligible Institutions
More Information: https://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mpg.cfm?pageid=2590