The Alexandria School Board is conducting a search for a new superintendent. The school board contracted with the Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) to provide guidance and assist with the planning.
The Alexandria School Board has established the following timeline for conducting its search for a new superintendent, who will take over at the start of the 2020-21 school year:
- The deadline for receiving applications is February 3, 2020.
- The applicant screening meeting will be held February 12, 2020.
- The first round of interviews will be on February 26 & February 28, 2020.
- The second round of interviews will be helod on March 6, 2020.
- The new superintendent's contract will be approved on March 11, 2020.
The School Board sought input from the community through a survey conducted between December 6 and December 16 and through two community listening sessions conducted January 6 and January 7. The information collected will be used to help shape the candidate interview questions.
Click here for a copy of the position vacancy announcement.