School Board Meeting Schedule
All School Board meetings will be held in the Oak Conference Room of the District Office at 1410 South McKay Ave., Suite 201, Alexandria. Regular school board meetings are held the third Monday of each month* (*except for January, February & September, which are held the fourth Monday) beginning at 7:00 p.m. unless noted otherwise in the table below. Regular School Board meetings are livestreamed and recorded for future viewing.
Special meetings and work sessions are scheduled as necessary.
Board committee meetings are held the week prior to the Regular School Board Meeting. The dates and times are published each month in the Echo Press.
All meetings are open to the public.
**Special Meetings and Work Sessions:
- Special Board Canvassing Meeting on November 9, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. - District Office
- Special Board Meeting on May 18, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. - District Office (Strategic Planning)
- Special Board Meeting on June 20, 2022 at 2:30 p.m. - Woodland Elementary Media Center (Strategic Planning)
- Special Board Canvassing Meeting on August 22, 2022 at 6:30 a.m. - District Office
- Board Work Session on Monday, August 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. - Woodland Elementary Media Center (Intercultural Growth and Development)
- Community members may register here
The school board recognizes the value of participation by the public in deliberations and decisions on school district matters. At the same time, the school board recognizes the importance of conducting orderly and efficient proceedings, with an opportunity for expression of all participants' respective views.
At the Monday, August 15 regular school board meeting, school board members approved the following process for receiving public input:
Delegations and Individuals
A 30-minute public comment period will be placed at the end of the regular school board meeting, after the Administrative Team and School Board Member reports, with the following guidelines:
- Individuals wishing to address the full board must sign up and submit their comments in writing to email@example.com by 4:00pm on the Wednesday prior to the regular board meeting (see deadlines below). This will ensure time for board members to read the communication and for administration to look into any issues brought forward. This will provide context and the opportunity for board members to have a conversation from an informed perspective.
- Each speaker who has signed up by the established deadline will have three (3) minutes to speak, with a maximum of 10 speakers.
- Each speaker must meet policy guidelines regarding expectations on civil discourse. The audience will be held to these standards as well. If not, the board chair will use the gavel to restore order. If order cannot be restored, the meeting will be adjourned.
- If incivility or disruption in general occurs during the Delegations and Individuals portion of the agenda, it will come under immediate review by the whole board and the board will determine next steps.
Deadlines to sign up for Delegations and Individuals
Requests to sign up for Delegations and Individuals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines to submit requests to sign up for Delegations and Individuals are as follows:
Monday, September 26 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on September 21.
Monday, October 17 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on October 12.
Monday, November 21 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on November 16.
Monday, December 19 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on December 14.
Public Comment Archives
All public comments received through email and in-person, along with responses from the board, can be viewed in the Public Comments Archive.