School Board Meeting Schedule
All School Board meetings will be held in the Oak Conference Room of the District Office at 1410 South McKay Ave., Suite 201, Alexandria. Regular school board meetings are held the third Monday of each month* (*except for January, February & September, which are held the fourth Monday) beginning at 7:00 p.m. unless noted otherwise in the table below. Regular School Board meetings are livestreamed and recorded for future viewing.
Special meetings and work sessions are scheduled as necessary.
All meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted.
Regular School Board Meetings
Board Committee Meetings
Board Committee Meetings are held the week prior to the Regular School Board Meeting in the District Office Conference Rooms.
- Tuesday, February 20 @ 6:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 21 @ 6:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 22 @ 6:00 a.m.
Special Meetings and Work Sessions
- Closed Board Work Session on June 21, 2023 at 4:45 p.m. - Woodland Elementary Media Center (Improving Partnership and Effectiveness)
- Special Board Meeting regarding the Review of Materials on October 11, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. - District Office
- Public Comment will be heard at the beginning of the meeting, prioritizing those who have not had a chance to address the board on this matter. Please see below for the deadline to submit a request for public comment and guidelines to follow.
- Board Work Session on October 16, 2023 at 5:15 p.m. - Woodland Elementary Media Center (School Board Strategic Planning)
- Board Work Session on February 26, 2024 at 5:15 p.m. - Woodland Elementary Media Center (School Board Strategic Planning)
The school board recognizes the value of participation by the public in deliberations and decisions on school district matters. At the same time, the school board recognizes the importance of conducting orderly and efficient proceedings, with an opportunity for expression of all participants' respective views.
At the Monday, August 15 regular school board meeting, school board members approved the following process for receiving public input:
Delegations and Individuals
A 30-minute public comment period will be placed at the end of the regular school board meeting, after the Administrative Team and School Board Member reports, with the following guidelines:
- Individuals wishing to address the full board must sign up and submit their comments (400 words or less) in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on the Wednesday prior to the regular board meeting (see deadlines below). This will ensure time for board members to read the communication and for administration to look into any issues brought forward. This will provide context and the opportunity for board members to have a conversation from an informed perspective.
- Each speaker who has signed up by the established deadline will have three (3) minutes to speak, with a maximum of 10 speakers.
- Each speaker must meet policy guidelines regarding expectations on civil discourse. The audience will be held to these standards as well. If not, the board chair will use the gavel to restore order. If order cannot be restored, the meeting will be adjourned.
- If incivility or disruption in general occurs during the Delegations and Individuals portion of the agenda, it will come under immediate review by the whole board and the board will determine next steps.
Deadlines to sign up for Delegations and Individuals
Requests to sign up for Delegations and Individuals must be submitted to email@example.com.
Deadlines to submit requests to sign up for Delegations and Individuals are as follows:
Monday, January 22 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on January 17
Monday, February 26 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on February 21.
Monday, March 18 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on March 13.
Monday, April 15 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on April 10.
Monday, May 20 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on May 15.
Monday, June 17 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on June 12.
Monday, July 15 Regular Board Meeting: comments/sign up due by 4pm on July 10.