Alexandria Public Schools Mobile App
The Alexandria Public Schools App connects parents, students, staff, and community members to our most sought-after information in a convenient format - your mobile device. The app is free and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices.
The mobile app features:
- district and school news
- calendar information
- school directories and contact information
- sports schedules
- online payment system
- password-protected access for parents to student grades, attendance, bus transportation information, library book check-out information
- push notifications for instant alerts from school
- school menus and school supply lists
- app feedback
- and more
Customized settings allow users to select schools they wish to follow for notifications, calendars and news.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Search "Alexandria Public Schools"
- Select "FREE" and then "INSTALL"
- Type in your Apple or Google account password
- Select "OPEN" after it is installed
- Start using your new Alexandria Public Schools mobile app!
How to Customize your News Feed
- Select the News Stream icon
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner (looks like an image of a gear)
- Select which schools you wish to follow
- Choose which types of news you want to follow
- Select "Back"
- Now your customized selection will appear in your News Stream section
Set up Notifications
- Open the App and select "Notifications"
- Tap to configure
- Tap "Follow schools"
- Select the schools you want to receive notifications from by tapping on the school to put a checkmark in the circle
- Select the Back arrow
- Tap "Configure alerts" (parents only)
- Slide the button to the right to turn on alert preferences and set alert thresholds
If you are a parent with children enrolled in Alexandria Public Schools you have password-protected access to your student/s grades and information:
- Log in through the MyFamily Login icon with your ParentVUE UserID and initial password of Cardinals!
- If you need assistance, email the district tech support team