World's Best Workforce
Under Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.11, school boards are to adopt a long-term, comprehensive strategic plan to support and improve teaching and learning. This plan addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
The legislation also focuses on ensuring all students have equitable access to excellent teachers. Districts are to ensure they have a process in place to examine the equitable distribution of teachers and strategies to ensure low-income students, students of color, and American Indian students are not taught at higher rates than other children by inexperienced, ineffective, or out-of-field teachers.