Portrait of a Graduate
Why Portrait of a Graduate?
- A collective vision that articulates the community’s aspirations for all students
- Roadmap for 21st century skills
- Provide experiences beyond content mastery
With the help of Community Groups, Advisory Boards, Leadership Teams, Committees and School Board, Alexandria Public Schools has created our Portrait of a Graduate.
Key characteristics identified in addition to content mastery:
- Self Directed
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Civically & Globally Engaged
Resources to learn more:
- EdLeader 21 - national network of schools and districts focused on integrating the 4Cs
- Most Likely to Succeed - the film
- CAPS Network - national network of schools supporting student integration into professional culture, real world problem solving and providing students with industry based mentors